What is Status's compensation philosophy?
See: this guide
What are the basics I should be aware of when managing the team's budget?
- Finance will work with leads to establish and maintain quarterly budgets
- Team leads are free to rearrange their existing budget differently (e.g. replace a software with another one) as long as it serves the purpose to reach the best outcome to the defined goals
- The teams get to keep (i.e. roll over) their funds if not everything is used as budgeted in the defined time frame
- For salary changes, team leads can make a suggestion to Carl/Jarrad/Nabil
- If there are any changes in the budget file, leads should tag +dani for his info
Where do I track software subscriptions?
Here. This list is useful for both a cost tracking and access rights perspective. Please keep this list updated as the data in it is used as a source of truth for finance and People Ops purposes.
I want to engage a third party vendor, how?
Reach out to POps/Finance for help in setting up contracting and invoicing with the vendor. Vendor costs should come out of the team budget; otherwise, please make a proposal to Finance
What expenses can I approve and how does that work?
If the expense comes from your budget, it's up to your judgment.
Here are some related policies:
- Getting approval for travel/events (NB: for larger events where there may be multiple CCs interested in going, please coordinate centrally with marketing so a decision can be made org-wide about who should attend.)
- Travel insurance
- Travel expenses
What if a team member wants to relocate?
In most cases, we can't offer proactive visa support nor sponsorship. Please direct that person to speak to POps.