As you can see from our principles, we are serious about privacy and transparency. We strive to only request useful and required data, and not to hold that data longer than necessary. This is a quick explanation of what data we obtain, how we use that information, and how to update/control that information.
Policy brief & purpose
With this policy, we ensure that we gather, store and handle data fairly, transparently and with respect towards individual rights.
As part of our operations, we need to obtain and process information. This information includes any offline or online data that makes a person identifiable such as names, addresses, usernames and passwords, digital footprints, photographs, social security numbers, financial data etc.
Status collects this information in a transparent way and only with the full cooperation and knowledge of interested parties. Once this information is available to us, the following rules apply.
Our data will be:
- Accurate and kept up-to-date
- Collected fairly and for lawful purposes only
- Processed by Status within its legal and moral boundaries
- Protected against any unauthorized or illegal access by internal or external parties.
Our data will not be:
- Communicated informally
- Stored for more than a specified amount of time
- Transferred to organizations that do not have adequate data protection policies
- Distributed to any party other than the ones agreed upon by the data’s owner (exempting legitimate requests from law enforcement authorities).
In addition to ways of handling the data Status has direct obligations towards people to whom the data belongs. Specifically we will:
- Let people know which of their data is collected
- Inform people about how we’ll process their data
- Inform people about who has access to their information
- Allow people to request that we modify, erase, reduce or correct data contained in our databases
- You provide: as part of the recruitment/onboarding process we may ask you to provide relevant data such as: name, contact details, bank account or wallet address. We may also request social security, identification, passport, or national insurance details where required by law. Depending on your contract with us, you may also provide us details of hours/days worked in order that we can compensate you appropriately, and/or verify that we have fulfilled our compliance obligations as your employer.
- We obtain: assessments of your performance during the trial period and on an ongoing basis (based on peer feedback, and evidence of work), details of periods of leave taken by you, including holiday, sickness absence, family leave and the reasons for the leave, and notes of our discussions with you. We endeavour to maintain information that is accurate.
- We store: pay records, including payslips and invoices; copies of contracts and formal notices/letters relating to your employment/contracting relationship with us.
You can request to see a copy of the data we hold on you, please contact People Ops to make an access request.
- Most of your data is stored in our HR System (BambooHR). Some data (documents, payslips) are stored in a secure Google Drive Folder. Access to the data is tightly controlled to only members of the organisation that have a valid reason to access your information (generally - People Ops & Finance).
- The minimum necessary amounts of your data may be shared with the following third party accounting, payroll, benefits, and compliance partners as applicable for the purposes of statutory filings. benefits, and reporting:
- HMT Partners (Switzerland)
- The Friendly Accountants (UK)
- Fidura (Switzerland)
- Buchhalter Berlin / Lohnstar (Germany)
- Pikohana (Singapore)
- Atelier Consulting AG (Switzerland)
- SwissLife (Switzerland)
- Ebner-Stolz (Germany)
- 3E Accounting (Singapore)
- Yourpension (Switzerland)
- Cleverkin S.R.O.
- We will request your permission before releasing your data to any additional third party.
- We hold your data whilst you are a contributor. If you're an employee, upon leaving Status, our policy is to hold your data for a minimum of six years to comply with global statutory HR information retention legislation. We will delete your data after 6 years. If you have a question about the data we hold, or how we use it, please contact peopl[email protected]