The goal of Status is widespread adoption of the decentralized web. It’s no small feat and we identified our guiding lights throughout the way - a set of ideas and principles that act as tools. Tools for thinking, for communication, and for decentralized decision making, and that help us staying true to ourselves when - inevitably - dealing with daily challenges and confusion.
We spent several weeks, if not months, to collectively compile a first draft of the things we believe in:
- Liberty - the sovereignty of individuals.
- Censorship Resistance - free flow of information.
- Security - guaranteed by new security methods and technologies.
- Privacy - the power to selectively reveal oneself to the world.
- Transparency - no border between our core contributors and our community.Openness - the software we create is a public good.
- Decentralization - maximizing the number of individuals who have control.
- Inclusivity - ease of use, but also socially - by permissionless participation, investing in education, and more.
- Continuance - exist and improve, without the stewardship of a single entity.
- Resourcefulness - fight bureaucracy and inefficiencies within the organization.
You can read more about the principles here. If you believe in what we do and how we do it, we’d love to hear from you.