With our People team expanding, we wanted to share some more information about what the team does, and how we can help you throughout your journey as a Status core contributor.
Make Status a top place to work. Not living up to that ideal? Tell us! We aim to make your experience at Status as positive and productive as possible. We’ll keep asking you how we can improve, and we welcome your feedback at any time.
You can see what's on our priority list here.
We're currently focusing on getting the basics right, and aim to:
- Increase our responsiveness and efficiency.
- Make payments smoother.
- Onboard new joiners consistently and comprehensively.
- Create documentation for easy access to information about working at Status.
- Provide proactive support to Status team members.
- Focus on improving the Status working experience.
- Help defining and shaping our culture and organizational principles
- Support L&D and Dogfooding at all levels
Who does what?
- People Ops - Rajanie, Nabil, JB, Ceri
- Finance - Yessin (CFO), Daniel (Controlling, Budget, various other tasks), Jason (mainly crypto transfers)
- (you can find out more about the finance division of responsibilities here
- Understand organisation hiring needs
- Advertise job positions
- Build relationships with candidates
- Source candidates
- Screen/interview/select candidates
- Extend job/contract offers
- Employer Branding
- New hire onboarding - People Ops
- Ship and receive offer letters
- Set up newbie profile and systems access
- Send new joiner instructions
- Create onboarding materials
- Hold welcome 1:1 with newbies
- Answer newbie questions
- Make sure newbies have tools and resources to do their job effectively
- Team member experience - People Ops
- Build culture and develop the working environment
- Learning & professional development
- Compensation & benefits
- Team member engagement
- Help identifying challenges and supporting the team finding solutions
- Provide support and guidance to team members, via 1:1s, pings, and #peopleops channel
- Resolve team member concerns
- Monthly payroll
- Bonus distributions
- Expense reimbursement
- Social security and taxes
- All payments (events, team gatherings, etc.)
- Hedging activities
Team member departures - Collaborative effort between: People Ops, Talent Acquisition
- Exit interviews
- Departure formalities
- Employer branding - Collaborative effort between: People Ops, Talent Acquisition, and Marketing
- Build external awareness of Status as a place to work
- Identify and maintain channels for candidates to learn about, and engage with, Status.
Let’s talk :)
Feel free to reach out anytime via the #peopleops channel, or ping Ceri or JB if you’d like to set up a 1:1 - we’re happy to chat anytime, in confidence, about anything and everything - working here, feedback, career development, or just a no-agenda chat about how you’re getting on. We love hearing from you.