- Design, configure, operate and perform maintenance on networking and computer systems — including software, web portals, internet and intranet connections — that allow organisation infrastructures to function.
- Consider the size, resources, data needs, desired user experience and budget to determine Status's computing needs.
- Overall design and maintenance of an IT system.
- To accomplish their main functions of bringing together the pieces — or architecture — of a system while ensuring that current and future performance and scalability are achievable.
Strategy & Planning
- Responsible for designing and implementing short and long-term strategic goals for managing and maintaining systems and software. Making sure that all planned and in-place system architectures are aligned with Status's organisational goals.
- Provide expertise and architectural assistance to other IT teams including software teams, System Analysts and Engineers.
- Conduct research on new technologies in the field of systems development and create and develop plans for investing in such systems that will increase cost effectiveness and flexibility.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Design, create and monitor the implementation of end-to-end integrated systems.
- Review new and existing system designs and make recommendations for improving or altering the systems.
- System Architects consult with teams and end-users to further infrastructure development.
- Develop and execute test plans to check technical performance of infrastructure and report findings.
- Make recommendations for improvement.
- Develop guidelines for standardizing systems.
Integrity of Systems
- Balanced and focused development of the system and its maintenance.