Being location independent means you could decide to move away from the location where we first hired you, and that's okay. Status will provide you with confirmation of employment letters and other supporting material you may need in the process of relocation or going nomadic.

However, as we aren't asking you to move anywhere in order to work, we will not cover the costs associated with visa/work permit processing unless you have been with the company for longer than 18 months.

Past the 18 months mark, if you're thinking of relocating and need visa support, please get in touch with People Ops. We'd love to help but it won't always be feasible. We will look into each request individually and let you know what we can do. We believe that your overall performance and contribution to Status should also be taken into account - at the time of writing we don't have a specific metric in mind. We will keep you posted on this and update the guidelines accordingly as Status grows.

In case of relocation due to business reasons (i.e. we really, really need you to, and you agree to it), we will take care of all the process and costs involved.

Company details

In case you're asked to indicate details of your employment/occupation on a visa application, please use the Status entity address as per your employment contract or consulting agreement.

Please only refer to Status as your employer if you are formally employed by the DE/CH entity, otherwise you should indicate that you are self-employed or providing services as a freelance contractor, as appropriate.

In case you need to indicate a company representative on your application, feel free to give +1-415-992-7923 as the telephone number (please let @ceri know so she can expect a call from the immigration authorities to this number while your application is being processed).