Take the time you need in your first weeks to browse resources, chat to colleagues, and do the background reading that allows you to feel comfortable with the organisation and context. It's a lot to take in, but a worthwhile investment!
A good place to start - set up instant messaging
Request an invite link from @terry if you haven't got one yet.
There's no prescriptive recipe for success on your first day, but the following 7 steps should get you feeling right at home in no time:
- Take a look through the action items assigned to you in BambooHR, these will help you get familiarised and get access to essential tools.
- Ping in #status-newbies and say drop us an introduction - we're always excited when new people start. Bonus points for fun facts about yourself.
- Find your team lead, they'll be happy to tell you more about the team and work you'll be doing.
- Find your team, drop by their channel, and see what work is scoped out for you in your first few weeks.
- Have a read through resources like this site, Discuss, Docs, and Our Status, to get a feel for the latest happenings and key info.
Congrats - that's day 1 done! Relax, kick back, and we'll see you again tomorrow 🙌🏻