You, our core contributors, are a wonderful bunch, so we want to make sure you get the attention and support you need at Status
With that in mind, People Ops is here for you as someone you can turn to when you need advice, just want to chat, or feel like bouncing ideas about on your plans. No topic too big or too trivial!
DM us anytime :) We’ll also be checking in with you from time to time too, to ask your opinion on how things are going and how to better support you.
Here's some more information about what our team does:
Make Status a top place to work. Not living up to that ideal? Tell us! We aim to make your experience at Status as positive and productive as possible. We’ll keep asking you how we can improve, and we welcome your feedback at any time.
Who does what?
- People Ops - HR things: Stef & Terry
- Recruiting: Teo, and Pepper when returning from maternity.
- Finance - Ruslan, Johannes, Jason
- Understand organisation hiring needs
- Advertise job positions
- Build relationships with candidates
- Source candidates
- Screen/interview/select candidates
- Extend job/contract offers
- Employer Branding
- New hire onboarding
- Ship and receive offer letters
- Set up newbie profile and systems access
- Send new joiner instructions
- Create onboarding materials
- Hold welcome 1:1 with newbies
- Answer newbie questions
- Make sure newbies have tools and resources to do their job effectively
- Team member experience
- Build culture and develop the working environment
- Learning & professional development
- Compensation & benefits
- Team member engagement
- Help identifying challenges and supporting the team finding solutions
- Provide support and guidance to team members, via 1:1s, pings, and #peopleops channel
- Resolve team member concerns
- Monthly payroll
- Bonus distributions
- Expense reimbursement
- Social security and taxes
- All payments (events, team gatherings, etc.)
- Hedging activities
- Exit interviews
- Departure formalities